The following series of questions are designed to prepare for a reconciliation meeting.
Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
Prepare your heart:
- How God has used and can use this situation to help you
- Draw attention to God’s Glory?
- Grow to be more like Christ?
- Love unconditionally?
- What issue(s) has God revealed as a log or logs in your own eye?
- Pray for one another.
Affirm the relationship:
- What have you done to give the impression that the relationship is not valuable?
- What does God want you to do to affirm the relationship?
- What can you set aside to show your commitment to reconcile?
Understand the interests of the other party:
- What motives have you been assigning to the other person(s)?
- Consider other motives that may have prompted the actions or reactions.
- What would it look like to give the other person(s) the benefit of the doubt?
Search for creative solutions:
- What are you seeing that you could do differently to contribute to solution?
- What do you see that the other party could do to contribute to solution?
- What have you done that has complicated coming to a solution?
- List the Biblical principles that you want to use to help you determine your decision making.
- Think through what your priorities are for resolution.
The outline and concepts are used by permission from Peacemaker Ministries. You can find more information at their website www.peacemaker.net.